Lowering 127 and fitting 7" x13" rims?

• Hello.
    My name is Nicklas, from Sweden.
    This seems to be the place to read if you need to know anything about fiat 127, the only problem is I dont understand much of your language:)

It would be very nice if someone in english could tell me how I get my 127 this height, and with that style on the rims.

also is it 7" wheels you Germans use to fit on the 127?

Thanks alot/ Nicklas

• That car is so nice!
    Do you have more pics at the rest of the car?

Hmm, what did you mean with "I think, theres one left at http://www.fiat-128.de"

So what is the setup on the car, what rims 13"x?

What is the suspension setup, how did you do to get down like that?
    And if you can buy it where?

I also would like to know if there is anything else done on the car, engine? interior etc.

best regards/ Nicklas

• Zitat

What is the suspension setup, how did you do to get down like that?
    And if you can buy it where?

You can find this on the Fiat-128Page.
    They are selling this Suspensions .

the Rims: 7+8x13 BBS E30

Best regards, Andre´

• Thanks for the answers guys!
    Do anyone know the price for the Gewindefahrwerk für Fiat 128/127/A112?

I also like to know if Fiat127 did install the rear or if he used the leafsprings, and if how he made them lower.

Thanks again/ Nicklas

• Hi to everyone,

I'm new here.

I have the same questions too, I'm from hungary, with a 79' 70hp 127.

It is been lowered by a suspension company, but as they said the design of the leaf spring makes negative camber big, no way to avoid it.

I attached picture of my 127 lowered, with de-cambered rear leaf springs on theback, lower springs on the front.
    6x13" mille miglie alloys, 175/50 tires.
    For now they said i should just switch the tires each season so it is wearing fairly even.

Is the above linked fiat 128 suspension is good for 127?
    Is this a conversion from the rear leaf design to coil overs? How does it fit?

Sorry for all the questions, but not easy to find good knowledge on the 127 tuning...

• Hi ?? Bili ??
    by a front Negative you can use this:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Sturz-Einstellschraube-M10-x-1-25_W0QQitemZ250336534497QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTeile_ohne_Strassenzulassung?hash=item250336534497&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

The 128 Suspension is Good for 127 - BUT I Don´t know if he has one´s more to buy. Perhaps they´re ALL Sold.??!!

Best regards, Andre
    -Sorry for my OldSchool English :) -

• bilibox: Yes, if you lower the rear, the camber will get negative. Same with the front: if you lower about 50-70mm, it will get positive. You can adjust this with the bolts, André recommended. Check the clearance at the fenders when adjusting. I need the negative camber for this clearance:

I had the conversion to coil overs at rear in another car. But I did not like it. The leaf spring is controling the rear wishbone and if you remove it, the rear axle will be "spongy". But I´m not sure if everything was ok with this car.

• Thanks guys for the quick responses,
    i see very nice 127's around here. :)

So i can use these bolts on the rear and front also?

Although the front camber seemed to be OK, but probably i did not went to low. The mechanic said it is lowered about -60mm on front/rear.

Uno turbo disc brakes already fitted on the front, i have a set for the rear too, probably i will get the camber fixed when we put rear discs on.

It is going to the bodyshop in January, get rid of the rust and adding some strength to the chassis.

I'm still juggling between colors, originally it was orange, haven't decided yet whether it is going to be black, orange, or satin black...

in google german hope it makes some sense: :)

Danke Jungs für die schnelle Antworten,
    Ich sehe sehr schöne 127's hier in der Nähe. :)

So kann ich mit diesen Schrauben auf der Rückseite und der Vorderseite auch?

Obwohl die vor Sturz schien in Ordnung zu sein, aber wahrscheinlich habe ich nicht ging zu niedrig. Der Mechaniker sagte, es ist senkte über-60mm auf Vorder-/ Rückseite.

Uno Turbo Scheibenbremsen ausgestattet bereits auf der Vorderseite, ich habe eine Reihe für die hinteren auch, wahrscheinlich werde ich die Wölbung festgesetzt, wenn wir hinten Discs auf.

Es wird der Rohbau im Januar, loszuwerden, der Rost und das Hinzufügen einiger Kraft, das Chassis.

Ich bin mir immer noch das Jonglieren zwischen Farben, ursprünglich war es orange, haben noch nicht entschieden, ob es wird schwarz, orange, oder Satin schwarz ...

• Forget to tell: If you lower as much as I did, you will have some more problems:

- clearing track rod end/body
    - clearing drive shaft/transmission
    - brake balancer (ok, I did this the easier way)

If you have an OHC, it may be the best way to mount the engine 3-5 cms higher, but the next issue is to have the right clearance air filter/hood then. (For all those blamers: the pics must not show the final status! :cu: )

Keep a look where the shaft touched the gearbox:

Another enemy: Speed bumps!

I love it and its worth the efforts, but it is not always easy driving daily in summer.

Now I want to see pics of your success(es), Capt´n and Billiboy :cu:

(I hope to raise the standards of this forum a little bit with this posts from ebay and youtube to something useful.)

Hinzugefügt nach 59 Sekunden:

I can´t follow your concerns. Why not?

• Hmm, I have just bought my 127 and have not yet been able to take it to the garage and wash it, so I cant wait start working on it, the condition is good.
    Not much rust (have not checked very much yet...)

I work with paint and carcare/valeting so the outside is going to be very nice.
    When I bought it, I did only with my heart not knowing anything about that it is a rece prospect:)

First when I laid my eyes on your car I knew i had to modify it:P

So now I think I'm going to sell my other project.
    An El Camino -65 so I can concentrate on this litte car:)

I will post pictures later.

/ Nicklas

• Zitat

An El Camino -65

Yieeeeehaaaahhhhh
    :punk:up: