tips on uppgrading the mechanic fuel pump?

• Hello everyone

I still have the problem with my car on the track! After a few laps it starts juddering and staling! It seems as if the engine doesn't get fuel when the road is twisty. When driving straight and normaly on the normal road it works fine.

I suspect that my fuelpump doesn't work correctly on the twisty track. I have heard that this pump can be upgraded to a electrical one.

Could anyone please tell me which one I can use and the how to make it work.

Thanks

PS I have a 30 mb movie from my last track day but I dont know how to put it up on the internet. Does anyone know anyone with a server that can host the film or maybe anyone knows a free webbserver on the internet.

• could it also be that the "floater" in the vergaser moves around too much and blocks the propper level of gasoline to enter? :?
    Any ideas?

Doesn't anyone know what electrical fuelpump is used in the a112?

• check the fuel level in the float chamber, eventually try lowering or raising to find out if this improves the running in the corners
    for electrical fuel pumps look for the low pressure continuous pressure types (facet etc ) rather than the SU types with a intermitting pressure ( wear out the needle seat faster ) a pressure regulator is a plus !

• I know! But does the mechanical pump have any electrical wiers to it also? (hat die mekanische bensin pumpe auch elektrische kabeln?)

I looked under my seat and saw that there were two wiers connected to the pump. I got confused cuz i thought i had an mechanical pump and didn't know if the mechanical pump also has wires connected to it. How can i tell if my pump is mechanical or electrical? I dont understand.

• If the pump is under your seat, its electrical.

(Every pump ist mechanical, but the mechanical mechanical is driven by the engine [the big one between your front wheels] and the electrical mechanical is driven by an electric engine )

• Hehe, don't confuse him...

If your fuelpump is under your seat, then it is definately electrical. But I think you are talking about the sensor under your rearseat, which is for seeing, if your tank is empty or not.

The mechanical fuelpump ist located on the passengerside of the enginebay, directly bolted to the engine, and connected with 2 hoses, one to the carburator, the other one connected to a tube running to the rear of your car.