1984 Ritmo Cabrio - Axle Retainer Seal & Torque

• Hello,

I was hoping someone knew what the torque specification was for this axle retainer for the CV axle. I think there is none but want to be sure. Also, there is an o-ring that needs to be changed. Does anyone have the part number? The Car is a 1984, 5 speed, 1500 CC cabrio. Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

Alberto

• Hey Alberto
    The torque for those four screws is very, very low! Only 10Nm, which equals ....let mi calculate...88.5 lbf in. Because the threat is short and fits in the tender aluminium of the gearbox housing.
    Unfortunately I don't have the spare part cataloge of your vehicle, but your mentioned o-ring isn't so specific. So if you find any one who fits with the dimensions and is resistant to mineral oil, you can use it. But let me translate it in German, maybe it will be easier to get the original spare part number.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Ich übersetzte mal frei seine Anfrage um möglichst Viele hier anzusprechen.
    (Die Frage zum Anzugsdrehmoment der vier Flanschschrauben habe ich ihn mit 10Nm angegeben)
    Er sucht noch die originale Ersatzteilnummer für den O-Ring am Gertiebausgangsflansch zur Antriebswelle.
    Sein Auto ist ein Ritmo Cabrio Bj'84 mit 1500er Motor und 5-Gang Getriebe.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Does it have the same flange on both sides, yes?

greets
    Autolux

• This is a picture in an assembled state.
    It isn't that easy to find the boot in new condition...

So sieht das zusammengebaut aus.
    Ich suche auch noch diese Manschette 2x. Wenn man die heute nach Teilenummer kauft bekommt man immer leicht was Anderes.... Die Manschette wird getriebeseitig durch diesen äußeren Blechflansch geschoben. Schiebesitz dann auf der Achswelle. Und da sifft es bei meinem Ritmo S75 auch.

Andreas

• hi alberto,

just had a brief look into the ritmo handbook.
    the right torque for these bolts is 25 nm and not 10 nm. sorry, autolux ;).

concerning the o-ring - they are defined by their inner Ø and the Ø of the cord.
    so you measure the Ø and the depth of the groove in this cover.
    to obtain the Ø of the cord you add between 0,1 and 0,3 mm to the depth that you measured.

what about the shims to put under this cover ??
    don't forget to put the right thickness because if ypou don't your diff bearings can be damaged.

brgds
    chris :beer

• Ich bin gerade unterwegs; habe das vor Wochen mal gemessen. Der geschliffene Teil ist 22 oder 23 mm im Durchmesser.
    Das Problem ist, dass die nach Teilenummer lieferbaren Manschetten für die Achswelle passend sind, aber nicht für den Flansch, wo die Manschette DURCH dieses äußere Blech gestülpt wird. Ich werde da Bilder machen, wenn ich wieder in meiner Halle bin. Ich habe die Teile da schon nebeneinander liegen...

• [quote='chrisuno','http://italo-youngtimer.de/WBB4/index.php/Thread/?postID=51327#post51327']hi alberto,

just had a brief look into the ritmo handbook.
    the right torque for these bolts is 25 nm and not 10 nm. sorry, autolux ;).

Chrisuno has absolutely right! I've mixed up with the three smaller ones with 10mm wrench size!!!
    Thanks for your attention chrisuno.

• Thank you all! I just located the o-ring here:

Andreas, I was able to locate a boot that fit when I rebuilt the friont CV axles so I am good there.

Thank you all again for your help.

Alberto.