Fahren mit Auto in Deutchland

• 3 months only! I thought at least 1 year :(

Marcus you say they wont notice, how sure are you cuz I think you are right, who will check here in Frankfurt city? If i get stopped by the police I could just tell them im here as a turist and i just came...right?

If i register my car here, will they impose the german tuv rules on it or will they allow some modifications as it is Swedish? For example i dont need any catalysator on my car in sweden (its registerd without it) and thefore I can pretty much have any system on it as I like. Then they also dont really bother if it is tuned and lowered and has wider tyers.
    What promblems could I get if I have to register it here?

I dont know how long I will stay in germany but if I dont stay more than 1 year then I dont want to be bothered to register the car. If I stay longer then OK, I can register it here and make it German.

• Hy Abarthswed,

if you want to go back to Sweden sooner or later, I wouldn't think of registering the car in Germany.

If ,on the other hand, you want to stay for a long time, you should make sure that everything you modified on your car does not affect the driving or handling of the car in any negative manner.
    For a german registration you will have to have all papers for the car, like a title (as for US-Cars), Swedish registration and if you have something similar to our Tüv, the last report. (for example France has something similar and they wanted that damn last report :x )
    And to answer your question: The Tüv doesn't care about where the car is from. They are only interessted, weather the car does fit their regulations.

If you changed the exaust, it has to be within a fixed defined decibel limit. (I don't know the limit, but there should be somebody with some experiences!!!)
    Since our cars are no Golf II or a Volvo 440 most people at the Tüv don't know how the original exaust did look like. Therefore, if your car does not produce too much (great 8) ) noise, you should pass even with a do it yourself modification.

In order to help you, if it will be necessary, you should write about the exact changes to the original in here, hoping, that anyone has something similar AND passed our technical inspection! Because than they have a peace of paper with the written acception. And that is what would help you a lot! For example the tires, any changes to the seats and so on...

If you have all these papers you need the so called "Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung" for your car. That's a paper that will proof that your car is not listed in Germany and is not on the stolen cars list.
    You can get it at the KBA in Flensburg, that's where all german cars are listed at. But it is only worth for a month. You will have to get a new one after a month passed by without a successfull registration.
    So this will be the last thing to get. Tell me if you need it, I can get it for you. I am living 5 minutes from the KBA and the procedure takes about a day, sometimes faster.

I hope I could help you a little bit. I don't want to shock you, but specially for modified cars it is a rocky road to go!

ChrisFL

• By the way,

with the neighbours I would be careful!

An A112 is not an everyday car on our roads! Even the police does notice it. And if there is a neighbour or a policeman who for example does like the car and you meet him on your way to work on a regular base, that might cause trouble after the allowed (?) three month (?????).
    I don't know, for how long you can drive your plates here, but I know the german mentality. Everything has to be correct. That's an awfull habit, but still everydays buisness! Had a bad experience myself with a "rented" licence plate and a nosy neighbour living across the parking lot! :oops:

But I remember a Rover 820 from Britain. That car parked nearly two years, not every day, but every week in a road here in Flensburg. On the other side of the road is a small police station. And that car still has a british registration!
    Are you "driving" home on regular bases, for example twice every month?
    If so, get yourself a garage on your own, park your car there while flying home and say, you are driving everytime. That might work.

ChrisFL

• Vielen dank for the tips gentlemen. Lets hope nobody gets on my back cuz of the car after 3 months :)

When is the weather getting better here, I was planing of bringing it
    over this march/april but I dont want to drive it over on my winter tyres?

In Sweden it is law to use winter tyres untill 1 April.

• Zitat von Oliver Mitte

Then you can join the Yountimer meeting this Year! :bash:

...and drive on the Nurburg ring and go to Hockenheim ring, and drive along the Rhein, and drive in the hills, and cruze around town with the coolest car :D and so on...