A112 Junior vs Abarth Getriebe

• No there are junior gearboxes that have 5 speed too. But are they the same as the ones in the Abarth i.e gear ratio, fitting and so on???

• The five gear boxes taht you mentioned are from LX or Elegant. The Junior has only 4 gears. Those gear boxes have different gear transmission ratios. With the Abarth ggear box you have the longest 5 gear ratio. For your quarter mile races you should use an LX gear box.

Cheers

Oliver

• I will not do any more quarter mile races :D I just wanted to test the car and see how fast it is. All I did was to brake it :oops:

I think that in Sweden we dont have the LX and Elegant model. Only Abarth and Junior but the Junior also came with 5 speed gearbox (I know couse i had one) which was probably the same as the one in the LX and Elegant.

I was asking couse Junior (LX and Elegant) gearboxes seem to be cheaper and more available here in Sweden than the Abarth ones and therefore I might use those instead.

Oliver. Do you know how much slower (top speed) the car will be with the LX gearbox becouse of the final gear ratio?

• Hallo AbarthSwed,UND Mitleseser!
    Habe fuer den Alten Schweden folgende Nachricht:
    Abarth 70HP,Teller-und Kegelrad 13/58 (lange Übersetzung)
    Junior 42PS,Teller-und Kegelrad 13/61 (kurze Übersetzung)
    Vielleicht hilft`"Jemand" mit techn. englisch oder schwedisch aus und
    übersetzt.Laut LANCIA-Prospekt vom März 83 hat der Junior tatsächlich nur ein 4-Ganggrtriebe.Kann aber auch in den Abarht 70HP eingebaut werden.Endgeschwindigkeit auf Grund der Kürzeren Übersetzung und und des fehlenden 5-ten-Ganges nur weit im roten zu finden.Beschleunigung
    dagegen deutlich verbessert.Mit flachen Reifen (175/50x13 oder 195/45x13 nicht zu empfehlen.Endgeschwindigkeit bei ca. 125km/h.
    Gruß Hasko