Horse Power and rolling road movie.

• How many PS does the Abarth actually have? Does anyone know how many it has on the wheels?

Im going on the rolling road tomorrow and I want to know what to compare with. Also, in what gear is the ps meassured?

• I have 67 (US) HP/50kw at the wheels. I only reved it to 6500 -7000 rpm. But I could rev further cuz the kw just continued rising higher up the revs. The man said there should be around 79 hp in the engine if I have 50kw at the wheels! The car feels alot faster but the gas becomes leaner after 6000 rpm and I should not drive long distances in these revs. He also said that the 34 weber DMTR that I have is not good for the Abarth. He changed my fuel screws several times. All in all I think I should be pretty satified with this.

Another intressting thing is that at 6500 rpm in 4th gear, my meter showed around 160km/h but the real speed was actually only 140km/h.

1.2 mb movie from the rollers:)

• Zitat von Oliver Mitte

They should have measured the power of the engine. Radleistung - Schleppleistung. I can't explain it in english.

Didn't they put a fan in front of the car?

How can they measure the power in the engine if it is on the rollers? It is better to know how much PS one has on the wheels as that is what you actually get on the road as you drive. I was just curious how much it equals in the engine.

Thing is if the Abarth only actually has 65-67 PS in the engine then there is not more than 50-55 PS at the wheels and that is very different from 70PS.
    If I have now almost 70 PS at the WHEELS than I am very satisfied.

I would like to know what you guys have, proven results?

Yes I had a big fan in front of the car but you cant see it in the film.

• Zitat von AbarthSwed

I have 67 (US) HP/50kw at the wheels. I only reved it to 6500 -7000 rpm. But I could rev further cuz the kw just continued rising higher up the revs. The man said there should be around 79 hp in the engine if I have 50kw at the wheels

Hi Swede,

yes, tranverse mounted engines with transaxles normally lose about 15% power due to driveline friction. 79hp - 15% = 67hp, so your dyno guy used that same figure.
    I'd say that is a pretty good number! :)

What Oliver is talking about is that on the dyno, they can usually MEASURE how much friction your driveline has.

Ulix