Regata air-condition

• Is this Air-condition? If so, how does it work?

Or it is just some strange kind of heating, maintained by servo-motors?

I also found this picture, which differs a little, but shows imo the same system

• hello, no it is not an air-conditioning. as you supposed it is just a strange kind of heating. air condition for the regata was available but has levers instead of buttons.

your heating works pretty easiley. with air you can adjust the power of the blower and with heat you can adjust the temperature. with the three buttons you can decide whether it blows against the screen, to the feets or to the middle. but in the middle it just cools.

the picture below is of the later modells. it works in the same way. a illuminated arrow shows the intensity by changing the color.

air-condition in the regata looks like this

Zeit ist unschätzbar kostbar, aber sie kostet uns nichts.
    Man kann mit ihr tun was man möchte, aber nicht besitzen.
    Man kann sie nicht beschleunigen, auch nicht aufhalten.
    Man kann sie verbringen oder vertrödeln, aber nicht behalten.
    Und hast man sie einmal verloren, bekommt man sie nie wieder zurück.
    Sie ist einfach vorbei.

Als Kind lernt man das Laufen und als Erwachsener,nach dem Hinfallen wieder aufzustehen.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ritmo-hannes ()

• Thank you for the explanation. I understand how the speed of the fan is adjusted with those buttons ("AIR"), it is relatively normal, but how the "TEMP" is adjusted? In those old cars the regulation of the heating was maintained by manual rotation of the valve on radiator. This is done by some servo in Regata?

BTW - it is very strange. I would expect that air-condition should have buttons while heating would have levers. In regata it is vice-versa :lol

• yes i guess some server motors are adjusting the heat valve. how else should it work?

believe it or not, back than in the 80s the regata was a pretty higher class fiat, as the croma was later.

the dashboard illumination (switches and buttons) are illuminated by glas fibre cables. high tech :)

Zeit ist unschätzbar kostbar, aber sie kostet uns nichts.
    Man kann mit ihr tun was man möchte, aber nicht besitzen.
    Man kann sie nicht beschleunigen, auch nicht aufhalten.
    Man kann sie verbringen oder vertrödeln, aber nicht behalten.
    Und hast man sie einmal verloren, bekommt man sie nie wieder zurück.
    Sie ist einfach vorbei.

Als Kind lernt man das Laufen und als Erwachsener,nach dem Hinfallen wieder aufzustehen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ritmo-hannes ()