Lowering a '76 series 1 Fiat 127 ;-)

• Hi, you have some really cool cars here 8)

We want to lower our little Fiat 127, we have read the posts on this forum :wink:

The 128 suspension kits are too expensive for us and we do not need 'racing' performance.

Can anyone help? What is the best solution?

Golf MK2 Dampers? Fiat X1/9 Springs? (for the front)

Does anyone have part numbers or links to suspension parts that will be OK, we are from the UK :)

MFG von England,

MaRk*....

• Perhaps that will help you...
    Found this in the fiat127.com page about lowering...Didn't try it myself but you ever heard that somebody want to lower his car with not suitable parts??? :?: Can be dangerous!!!!
    As well you should try this here... Ring there and ask for Clifford.He works in the warehouse there...He can sort you with parts...
    The following I didn't write..just paste it...Cheers and good luck

My cheap method was as follows.

I lowered mine by fitting shorter springs at the front end - a lowered spring kit off an X1/9 rear shock. For the rears you can effectively raise the hub off the spring keep plate by removing the plate (two M10 17mm nuts) and putting longer bolts and spacers between the rear wishbone and spring keep plate. The original short bolts are welded in so you need to remove them with a grinder to add longer bolts. Also watch out for the brake bias valve lever as you want this to be in the same effective position as before lowering, so it will work the same.

This setup worked well in terms of lowering, but I think my front shocks were worn so were a bit bouncy and perhaps no in the most effective area of travel. Adjustable shocks are of course a better option.

Regards from Ireland... :up:

• Cheers for that info marek127, much appreciated :wink:

Really want to get adjustable shocks up front if possible, having read on here that the Golf Mk2 shocks maybe OK? I just need some more info on them before i spend that hard earned cash :)

We will probably go with a similar setup to you on the rear, brake bias has been noted :!:

Can you get uprated rear shock absorbers for these 127's :?:

Thanks again, will post some pics of the car soon, she is Pea Green with beige interior, cool as 8) , what do you have?

MaRk*....

• Cheers Querlenker 8)

Tyres are Pirelli P5000 Drago 175 50 13's

We had some 2.25" AVO Coilovers made which are fully adjustable for the front. The rears are Adjustable Koni's.

The car is 'Extremely low', 1 finger between tire and front wheel arch, 2 fingers on the rear.

Mega Fun !! :lol:

• Zitat

We had some 2.25" AVO Coilovers made which are fully adjustable for the front

Pictures ???

Perhaps You build a little Serie for 127er Fans ? :)

• Many Thanks Guys, i will take some more photos soon and post them on here, the interior is like new, colour Beige to match nice with the Green Paintwork. 8)

She needs a little work around the rear arches but overall in really nice original condition :)

1 lady owner from new and always kept in a garage, mileage is 40,000.

More fotos to follow... for the 127er fans :D

MFG von England!

MaRk*....

• Hi there
    i think your 127 is beatifull and i wander how you got him that low.
    I've got a mark2 and i,ve got the same tyre size.
    Mine is lowered too but not enough.
    Do you have pictures of the lowering set??

Greetings AnimaL