Swedish Fiat 127 Restauration, in as we call it Germanstyle!

• Hi.
    Thanks to the user Fiat127 at this forum I bought and started to fix a 127.
    So I thought that I can show you guys what I am doing and maybe get som help here, though the knowledge of fiat 127 parts is not good in Sweden.

The car will get what we swedes call it german style, like fiat 127s car, lowered and fat rims with stretched tyres.

I will uppdate this thread asap.
    Now I will celebrate the new year.

Happy New year!

• Zitat

lowered and fat rims with stretched tyres.

+

Zitat

I will celebrate the new year.

: Good Luck and a Happy New Year to IKEA TOWN

:)

• I had first planned to buy a friends daihatsu charade -79 with 45000km driven, but this car came out in the ads, so I could not resist buying it.

A fiat 127 -76 65000km driven, been standing in a warm garage for the last 10 years, one owner born 21:)

Notice the registration number:)

Very good condition, well cept by the old lady that had it.

But sadly time make marks even if you do not use it:(

The plans are to get it quite similar to the user Fiat127s car, wich is so nice, I post to pics if it is ok?'

Now I am waiting for new break components, ordered fron axel augustin.de I hope the will arive soon.

I also are looking for coilovers, thinking of modifying some china ones to golf or some other small car.

Best regards/

• Zitat von Kapten Haddock

I post to pics if it is ok?

Thanks for asking. Yes.

I know a set of good used Bilstein shocks which are for sale. But if you want to get so low with your car, you can´t use stock parts, they are too long.

If you use Golf2 dampers, you are on a good way. Feel free to ask.

• It must not necesarely need to be just so low, but in the end I think it will anyway:P
    I have read about your way of lowering it, and hope to ask you some questions later about it.

I guess I just could change springs (volvo 240) and cut them, like I have seen they do on some cars, but it would be nice with coils anywaym

Your rims, what is the info of those, ehat is the et/ofset or what you call it on those, the tyres 175/50?

Im thinking of this wheels on my car.

Somethin like this:

Best regards/ Nicklas

Zitat von Fiat127

Thanks for asking. Yes.

I know a set of good used Bilstein shocks which are for sale. But if you want to get so low with your car, you can´t use stock parts, they are too long.

If you use Golf2 dampers, you are on a good way. Feel free to ask.

Hinzugefügt nach 9 Minuten:

My professional/work is polishing/valeting cars so I started with thisone
    a littel bit, I will do some paintwork etc when I got more time.

Here you se some before and after..

I just bought some whintertyres, new on rims for like 50€, in store the tyses cost 65€ each:)

I also got my hands on spacers witch is needed when mounting the snowtyres.

Now till the engine, what have you Fiat127 done with yours?
    Is it if I want to get some hp from it a better think to start with a a112 abarth or with my 1050cc with I have now?
    I would like to know all about your engine and whats to be done if i want the car to performe well.

I hope Im not a pain in the ass:P

Best regards/

• My ass is pain-free.

Changing the springs is not enough. I checked stock dampers without springs and it was still higher than now.

I´ve used a A112 70HP. The easiest way. Nothing to modify if you use the original 4Speed. To my opinion the better way for a daily driver is the OHC from the Sport. But this needs some essential mods at the body/frame.

My wheels are 7" et20 and 8" et0. But at the rear it was not so easy to fit.

• Ok, so I shall look at the golf 2 coilovers then?
    I just know that my original dampers is 53-56cm long fully stretched..
    but my 1050 engine from a fiat 127a, is it better or worse to modify for more horse power?

I guess I should buy rims before i start the lowering.

How do your 7" rims look if you mount them in the rear, not cool at all?

Best regards/

• Embarrasing enough it seems I dont have any 1050cc engine:(
    Have not looked yet, I do not know where from I got that..
    So I think i will find an abarth engine, they look good anyhow, is the gearbox the same on my car and the lancia a112 abarth?

Best regards/

• This weekend I thought I would get much done with the fiat, but instead when I should change the oil and oil filter, i got a suprise, the filter was from HELL and was stuck as HELL.

After like 5 hours I could not manege myself to try anymore so I bought some pizza, cake and beer..

Yesturday I went to the supermarket and bought a heat gun witch i in the end managed to get the shitty filter, or what was left of it loose.

So then I did acidwash of some surface rust, and painted that with the original color, that of course did look like the paint on the car:(

The tools, a superspecial swedish rambo knife:) a brush and acid.

just to paint over now.

normaly I would have started with an epoxybase etc but the paint on this fiat is so thin that it would look strange.

Of course the paint was not like the cars so I have to make it again:(

At that state I was quite boored, thought of going home but I thought I could fix the stearingwheel and horn button.

with the mirka air polisher , optipad and mirkas t10 polish, the same we use when we wetsand and polish paint.

• Kapten Haddock, Ich brauche eure Hilfe. Die KONI amotiguadores sind einstellbar und die Quellen?

Wo kann ich das ganze Set.

Vielen Dank und herzlichen Glückwunsch für Ihre FIAT127

Hinzugefügt nach 5 Minuten:

Fiat127,

Hilfe!
    _________________jejeje