Fiat 127 Window surround metal trim advice -

• Hi there everyone,

I ordered BLACK front door window trim off an overseas company to replace my old damaged stainless trim on my Mk1 127.
    Unfortunately the fit is terrible.

The radius on the front is wrong and the overall length is too short.

The join where it joins at the back is almost 5cm? ( I had to hammer the corners to make them fit so they are bent ).

I think the company has sent me something off a newer version YET claimed they are for ALL early MK1 versions?

I though this was normal "hand made and old" until I have recently seen a few lovely Mk1 127s online where the window trim looks perfect with no gaps, perfect corners and fitting perfectly - the trim I replaced fitted much better.

I now am hoping to find another trim kit that will fit as if it suits the vehicle instead of making it look cheap and damaged like it is now. - anyone know where a meticulous fitting kit is to be bought with international shipping? - I just want everything to be AND look new and fit perfectly

I have placed a review of the item on their site BUT as it is their own site the review does not show ( I do not want to cause an issue to the site but still want others to know the items fit like rubbish - if someone can possibly provide some insight here to what trim I may have received that would be great )

• Yes neither had I but these were marketed as early Fiat 127 trims to fit ALL early Fiat 127s

The original trim was all damaged and bent during removal and can no longer be used.

After fitting the black trim I was really disappointed at how it fit, so much so I actually preferred the old worn out original trim over this trim.

I now see the site that I have bought it off has updated the page for this item with a picture of a Mk3 127 so this could be the issue.

I'll have to get in touch with "Emanuele" as stated above for some good fitting items.

Does anyone have any tips to fitting this trim?

I removed all the retaining screws for the window pillar etc but left the windows in, wound down the big window and opened the triangle one, fitting was tricky but it worked.

I was unsure if the main window needed removing to be able to remove the triangle one to be able to fit it all without hassle.