Thermostat gasket

• I have bought a new thermostat for my Super 85. It looks as on following picture. I think I also need a gasket to it, which should be of the same shape like in the lower part of the picture

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514[/ATTACH]

I cant find any on ebay as well as in local shops, but it is possible it fits from other Fiat engines. Do you have any idea which type should I be looking for or where to buy this gasket, OR what could I made it from?

• Hi Preseda
    If you don't find any reliable one, so stamp/cut it out from a elementary cartrige seal which is adequate for the engine temperatures and isn't sensitive to the cooling liquid. As long the surfaces are clean and plane it will fit without any problem.

• hallo preseda,

i think there is a gasket, so i guess autolux is right you need to cut it out yourself.

ahoj preseda,

Myslím, že je těsnění. Tak jak řekl Autolux musíte snížit si to sami.

Pozdravy z Prahy

Zeit ist unschätzbar kostbar, aber sie kostet uns nichts.
    Man kann mit ihr tun was man möchte, aber nicht besitzen.
    Man kann sie nicht beschleunigen, auch nicht aufhalten.
    Man kann sie verbringen oder vertrödeln, aber nicht behalten.
    Und hast man sie einmal verloren, bekommt man sie nie wieder zurück.
    Sie ist einfach vorbei.

Als Kind lernt man das Laufen und als Erwachsener,nach dem Hinfallen wieder aufzustehen.

• I make my own gaskets as well. They are easy to make and normally better than the ones they come with. Us a little bit of silicone if you wish, but I stress, a little bit. People commonly use to much which is not good at all. Do not use just silicone. You need the gasket as the surfaces are not machined on both sides. The gasket will smooth out the faces and the silicone will fill and MINOR imperfections. Good luck!